CSN Sunday – Messages of Light – 5/2/2021
Dear CSN newsletter readers,
The Citizen Sentinels Network has maintained a project, originally deemed the David Project, since 2018. We are in our second year of existence in a hostile political environment! For those readers of faith, the Messages of Light originated as a genuine inspiration from our Heavenly Father. It was initiated to bring Light into the dark in this time. And especially at this time in our nation and in the world, there is clear and present danger that requires the faithful to hold boldly and securely onto the foundations that are rooted in faith.
If you consider the messages in our Sunday edition relevant or meaningful and know others who might value them as well, consider yourself a Light mail messenger and please pass this newsletter on to those whom you feel could welcome it. Or simply, please receive it yourselves.
“So Solomon observed the festival at that time for seven days, and all Israel with him— a vast assembly, people from Lebo Hamath to the Wadi of Egypt. On the eighth day they held an assembly, for they had celebrated the dedication of the altar for seven days and the festival for seven days more. On the twenty-third day of the seventh month he sent the people to their homes, joyful and glad in heart for the good things the Lord had done for David and Solomon and for his people Israel.”
The Lord Appears to Solomon
When Solomon had finished the temple of the Lord and the royal palace, and had succeeded in carrying out all he had in mind to do in the temple of the Lord and in his own palace, the Lord appeared to him at night and said:
“I have heard your prayer and have chosen this place for myself as a temple for sacrifices.
“When I shut up the heavens so that there is no rain, or command locusts to devour the land or send a plague among my people, if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land. Now my eyes will be open and my ears attentive to the prayers offered in this place. I have chosen and consecrated this temple so that my Name may be there forever. My eyes and my heart will always be there.”
“As for you, if you walk before me faithfully as David your father did, and do all I command, and observe my decrees and laws… “
“But if you turn away and forsake the decrees and commands I have given you and go off to serve other gods and worship them, then I will uproot Israel from my land, which I have given them, and will reject this temple I have consecrated for my Name. I will make it a byword and an object of ridicule among all peoples. This temple will become a heap of rubble. All who pass by will be appalled and say, ‘Why has the Lord done such a thing to this land and to this temple?’ People will answer, ‘Because they have forsaken the Lord, the God of their ancestors, who brought them out of Egypt, and have embraced other gods, worshiping and serving them—that is why he brought all this disaster on them.’” 2 chronicles 7:8-22 (NIV)
“I will give You thanks with all my heart; I will sing Your praise before the heavenly beings. I will bow down toward Your holy temple and give thanks to Your name for Your constant love and truth. You have exalted Your name and Your promise above everything else. On the day I called, You answered me; You increased strength within me.” Psalm 138:1-3 (HCSB)
This week we are again cutting my input and introductory statements down a bit as I would prefer the focus be more upon the featured messages we provide in our editions. If anyone seriously misses my commentary, you can send us your own comments on what you are missing. Needless to say, anyone who reads the newsletter, knows that I have a lot to say. I hope all will understand that I will take my turn and offer my messages as appropriate.
Today, we feature a message on the National Prayer Day from MyFaithVotes. This Thursday, May 6th, the nation will celebrate this day of prayer and the folks from MyFaithVotes have put together a list of a number of specific items that we can pray for in such a time as this. We pray that you will take these points from MyFaithVotes as serious suggestions to be able to offer your prayers in such a manner for the sake of America. It is the very least we are able to do to hold on the the Free Republic that was created by Our Father in Heaven and our Founding Fathers.
In addition to this message, our nine video selections, for the most part, feature themes and songs centered around the National Day of Prayer, and we recommend all of them as they are intended to educate and uplift. The Tucker Carlson interview may be quite revealing and give us all a more pressing reason to pray – one that we may have not truly considered before. We also have re-posted the story of the Church in Hendersonville, Tennessee, that is going through an incredible revival as it is definitely related to pro-active prayer as described by Pastor Robby Gallaty of Long Hollow Baptist Church. As I mentioned last week, what Pastor Gallaty is now bearing witness to is what I have been receiving from the Holy Spirit as well. Please do not dismiss this as just an obscure backwoods reality in Tennessee. Know that the Holy Spirit is now moving across America and is touching those who can receive it.
Our “Around the Republic” segment features some articles that are more political in scope, but the world moves on and the way of the world helps people appreciate when they see acts of God or the faithful in their midst.
Also, in case anyone is missing our “Citizen Voice” live video programs, I included a couple of links to past episodes. This Monday, I hope to interview Stephanie Mann who founded the Neighborhood Watch Program in California years ago, and who has more recently founded Save Our Kids in Nevada. Hopefully, CSN readers can tune into this program as it promises to be quite educational and motivational as well.
Tune in Monday to our Citizen Sentinels “Citizen Voice” Live Video Programs. We ask that readers check out the half-hour program via live-streamed programs Monday afternoons from 1:30 – 2:30pm PDT or 4:30 – 5pm EDT, and all the relative times in between in local viewing areas. We are grateful for our hosts at Wisconsin Christian News network that are projecting the half-hour program on their site. You can tune in next Monday by accessing this link:
These words and images are being freely offered and are being sent to you as part of the David Project’s “Messages of Light.” Please receive today’s messages as a gift from those who care. They are only words that are being offered, freely, but some contain a deep message of faith, or a deeper expression of heart that readers can hopefully receive into their lives. As it was written: “Where there is no vision, the people perish: but he that keepeth the law, happy is he.” Proverbs 29:18 – KJV
May we humble ourselves, seek His face, seek His truth, seek His love, self – reflect, repent, self -correct, and turn from wicked ways – even if that may mean one’s failure to fathom the significance of the time we are living in, or to act in genuine faith to seek first His Kingdom and His righteousness.
5 PRAYER PRIORITIES FOR THE NATIONAL DAY OF PRAYER: 2021
My Faith Votes
APRIL 28, 2021
On Thursday, May 6, The National Day of Prayer celebrates 70 years of prayer for America. Originally signed into law in 1952, the National Day of Prayer is a day set aside to pray for our nation. Title 36, Section 119 of US code states:
“The President shall issue each year a proclamation designating the first Thursday in May as a National Day of Prayer on which the people of the United States may turn to God in prayer and meditation at churches, groups, and as individuals.”
A Long-Standing Observance for Our Nation. The National Day of Prayer began similarly to Thanksgiving. In the New England Colonies under British rule, traditional observances in late fall called for prayer and thanksgiving, while observances in the spring or summer called for prayer and fasting. The fall observance was established by President Abraham Lincoln as the official Thanksgiving holiday in 1863. The spring observance was established by President Harry S. Truman in 1952 as the National Day of Prayer.
He Stands Ready. God is sovereign and nothing comes as a surprise to Him. Whether we face fluctuating economics, threats from abroad, unrest at home, or other troubling circumstances, our Heavenly Father is not caught unaware. Through prayer, we are able to access His wisdom, strength, protection, and peace. He stands ready to respond to our needs when we humbly ask for divine intervention in the affairs of all men.
Encountering God. As we pray for America, whose pledge of allegiance recounts that we are “one nation under God,” and whose currency states that it is “in God, we trust,” we want Americans to encounter the God who rules over their country. “He who forms the mountains creates the wind, and reveals His thoughts to man, He who turns dawn to darkness, and treads the high places of the earth—the LORD God Almighty is His name.” Amos 4:13
A Call to Humbly Seek Him. He is the One who gave us this promise in 2 Chronicles 7:14: “If my people, who are called by My name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land.” As we humbly and diligently seek Him, we’ll be changed, and we’ll see transformation in America through prayer.
1. PRAY FOR THE CENTERS OF INFLUENCE IN AMERICA
“First of all, then, I urge that petitions, prayers, intercessions, and thanksgivings be made for everyone, for kings and all those who are in authority, so that we may lead a tranquil and quiet life in all godliness and dignity.” 1 Timothy 2:1-2
- Pray for the executive, legislative, and judicial branches of the United States government to value one another, respect one another, and work together for the good of our nation.
- Pray for America’s military, its leaders, and all personnel to be protected by God, and for the courage to depend upon God.
- Pray for the members of the media in America to be fair in their reporting, bearing truth. Pray for believers to be discerning of the news, seeking facts over emotion.
- Pray for America’s businesses to have leaders of integrity, be creators of economic blessing, and givers to the community.
- Pray for America’s centers of education to create a culture that would return to truth and Judeo-Christian ethics, that would provide a safe atmosphere conducive to learning, promoting excellence in the quality of the educators.
- Pray for the churches in America to find a new zeal and commitment to the mission and purpose of Jesus Christ, returning to the absolutes of God’s Word, knowing that God’s people look and act differently from the world. Pray for a holy fear of the Lord to be released in the heart of God’s people.
- Pray for the families in America to return to a biblical model, for the re-establishment of relationships between parents and children, for a return to family values that serve the nation as a whole, and for a return to the biblical mandate to train children at home in the fear of the Lord and not leave the responsibility to others.
2. PRAY FOR A CULTURE THAT VALUES THE SANCTITY OF ALL LIFE
“I call heaven and earth as witnesses today against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing; therefore choose life, that both you and your descendants may live; that you may love the Lord your God, that you may obey His voice, and that you may cling to Him, for He is your life and the length of your days…” Deuteronomy 30:19-20
- Pray for the women facing the decision between abortion or life for their pre-born baby. Pray for the men and women affected by abortion, that they would experience God’s healing. And pray for God to open the eyes of the abortion workers, that the veil of deception would be removed and their hearts would be softened to receive the truth.
- Pray against a culture of death that seeks to kill and destroy those who aren’t seen as valuable, wanted, or who have been deemed a burden.
- Use our sanctity of life prayer guide to pray through nine focused prayer points on the issue of life here. Pro-Life Prayer Guide
3. PRAY FOR UNITING TRUTH TO OVERCOME DIVISIVE LIES
“The one whose walk is blameless, who does what is righteous, who speaks the truth from their heart; whose tongue utters no slander, who does no wrong to a neighbor, and casts no slur on others;” Psalm 15:2-3
- At the heart of every division is a lie — about who we are, who God is, and how we ought to live according to His truth. Pray truth might overcome every falsehood in America today, from distortions in the media to the lies we accept in our daily lives. Pray that the Church sees through and combats these lies and stands strong for truth.
- Ask God for reconciliation where there is conflict in broken relationships. Pray for people to return to the truth of the Bible and a restoration of unity and love in the mighty name and power of Jesus.
- Pray against “identity politics” that seeks to divide our nation even further. The biblical reply does not deny the reality nor the importance of identities to the human story. It does, however, begin with what unites all humanity—the Imago Dei, we are created in the image of God. The biblical worldview starts in sameness, not differences. Only the gospel secures peace and establishes truth. Only the gospel will unite a fractured society.
4. PRAY FOR THOSE IN THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT MAKING DECISIONS ON OUR BEHALF
“Let everyone be subject to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God.” Romans 13:1
- Pray they would come to know Jesus as they serve “we the people,” seeking God’s wisdom above their own.
- Use our Government Prayer Guide to pray for all those in Federal Government leadership roles, by name. Prayer Guide for Government Officials
5. PRAY FOR LOVE, LIFE, AND LIBERTY OVER OUR NATION
“Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.” 2 Corinthians 3:17
- This year’s theme for the National Day of Prayer is: “Lord, Pour Out Your Love, Life and Liberty” from 2 Corinthians 3:17
- Real liberty is found in Christ, not a country. Liberty is walking unchained from the stain and pain of our sin; living fully forgiven and fully free to live as our Creator designed us. In liberty, we get to live a full life of purpose and fruitfulness. Liberty breaks every chain that holds us to our past and tethers us to the enemy who comes to steal, kill, and destroy.
- We pray for God to pour out true Love, Life, and Liberty over our nation. We pray He will soften hard hearts and heal broken ones as we engage, encourage, and equip the Church to love and live in the fullness of Christ as an example of the liberty and life we experience in Jesus. The world and culture are shifting sand, a moving target of popular trends and philosophies that come and go like the wind. But Jesus came that we could have real-life; real love that won’t walk out on you, and real liberty that is the solid rock that erases our sin with the freedom of forgiveness through His death and resurrection.
Join with us and millions of believers across the nation as we pray through this year’s theme, “Lord, Pour Out Your Love, Life and Liberty” from 2 Corinthians 3:17.
My Faith Votes—is a nonpartisan movement that motivates, equips and activates Christians in America to vote in every election, transforming our communities and influencing our nation with biblical truth. By partnering with national faith leaders, My Faith Votes provides resources to help Christians Pray, Think, and Act to create an America where God is honored in the public square.
Video Views – Onward and Upward!
From Integrity Music: My Prayer For You (Official Lyric Video) – Alisa Turner – 8/24/2017 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hj_0pvIGkks
ICYMI > From Faithwire: Tennessee Church Sees More Than 1,000 Baptisms in Less Than Four Months – 4/15/21 – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxxZLzZ8qcM
From The University of the Philippines Concert Chorus: The Lord’s Prayer Virtual Choir UPCC – 4/26/2020 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LEbuYRJNq6E
From Godspeak Calvary Chapel: Fish Out of Water | Eric Metaxas – 4/25/21 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4rLbqCYj2hY
Natalie Grant – Praise You In This Storm (Official Music Video) -9/17/20 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4fo0A7jpLsk
From Dutch Sheets Ministries: Prayers Stored for Generations | Give Him 15: Daily Prayer with Dutch | May 2, 2021 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_BQeU9TAO2o&list=PLG6pb2Dh8yfgHsWKghqKO-rcnqm6-XN-Z&index=1
From The Karl Gessler Band: Listen To Our Hearts – Listen to Our Hearts (Steven Curtis Chapman Cover) – 12/23/20 https://rumble.com/vc4hkr-listen-to-our-hearts-steven-curtis-chapman-cover.html
From Integrity Music: The Alisa Turner Story – 8/16/2017 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SeC72CAG5IU
From FOX News – Tucker: Pentagon whistleblower warns of UFO intelligence failure; Tucker reacts https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1MbJpTQD2Uk
Citizen Voice videos
From Citizen Voice – “True US History” with Dennis Jamison | Episode 9 (4/26/21) https://wcntv.net/video/184/citizen-voice-with-dennis-jamison-%7C-episode-9
ICYMI > From Citizen Voice – “True US History” with Dennis Jamison | Pilot Episode
Recommended Reading – follow the links…
From CBN News: GREG LAURIE: Church, be like Nehemiah: Pray, Then Act – 5/2/21 https://www1.cbn.com/cbnnews/us/2021/may/greg-laurie-the-national-day-of-prayer-is-thursday-may-6
From CBN News: Sean McDowell on How to Respond to Christians ‘Deconstructing’ Their Faith – 5/2/21 https://www1.cbn.com/cbnnews/us/2021/may/sean-mcdowell-on-how-to-respond-to-christians-dChina shuts down Bible App, Christian WeChat as new crackdown policies go into effecteconstructing-their-faith
From WND (w/ 2 videos): Shocking video – Christian pastor frogmarched for preaching Bible – 5/2/21
From The Christian Post: China shuts down Bible App, Christian WeChat as new crackdown policies go into effect – 5/2/21
From Breitbart: Chinese Investors Have Bought up £135bn of British Infrastructure, Business, Schools: Report – 5/2/21
Around the Republic – What affects one, can affect all!
News From Arizona –
From The Epoch Times: Firm Overseeing Arizona Election Audit Says Court Released Security Plan to Public – 5/2/21 https://www.theepochtimes.com/mkt_breakingnews/company-in-charge-of-arizona-election-audit-accuses-court-of-releasing-security-plan-to-public_3798427.html
News From California –
From FOX News: Tomi Lahren celebrates California recall: You have the power to oust ‘tyrant’ Democrats – 4/27/21 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7RpDopj03MA
From FOX News: Student speaks out after professor scolds him for calling cops ‘heroes’ – 5/1/21 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tn6IQSidA-Y
News From Connecticut –
From The Epoch Times: Connecticut Ends Religious Vaccine Exemptions for Students – 4/29/21 https://www.theepochtimes.com/connecticut-ends-religious-vaccine-exemptions-for-students_3796934.html
News From South Dakota –
From New York Post: South Dakota Gov. Kristi Noem sues Biden admin over Mount Rushmore fireworks – 4/30/21 https://nypost.com/2021/04/30/kristi-noem-sues-biden-administration-over-mount-rushmore-fireworks/
News From Texas –
From WND: What spending $66 billion on wind and solar power got Texas – 5/2/21 https://www.wnd.com/2021/05/spending-66-billion-wind-solar-power-got-texas/?ff_source=Email&ff_medium=wnd-breaking&ff_campaign=breaking&ff_content=breaking