Michael Flynn Urging True Americans to Take Action!
By Dennis Jamison – August 6, 2020
Recently, in an open letter to the American people, former national security adviser, Michael Flynn, described the current assault on law enforcement as a spiritual battle between good and evil. Former General Flynn, wrote his open letter as a guest column that was published exclusively by the Western Journal. He stated that:
The biblical nature of good versus evil cannot be discounted as we examine what is happening on the streets of America… It’s Marxism in the form of Antifa and the Black Lives Matter movement versus our very capable and very underappreciated law enforcement professionals, the vast majority of whom are fighting to provide us safe and secure homes, streets and communities.
In the letter, Flynn urged American Christians to not only pray but to take action:
As Christians, shouldn’t we act? We recognize that divine Providence is the ultimate judge of our destiny. Achieving our destiny as a freedom-loving nation, Providence compels us to do our part in our communities.
Such a strong statement of faith likely fell upon deaf ears in the secular media and in our secular society. But, for Christians, there is much more there that meets with deep recognition as words that ring true. Unfortunately, the violent insurgency rampaging in America’s cities are at the hands of Marxist-led anarchists, Antifa terrorists and the militant arm of Black Lives Matter revolutionaries will likely not end until some time after the elections. And, when Donald Trump is re-elected, is anyone fool enough to think that the terrorist triumvirate will cease and desist? It would seem that the intensity of violence at the expense of the common people would only increase.
Flynn sees something more than the average American sees, and the average informed citizens have pieced enough information together to sense he is speaking the truth. But, the general public is in a state of fear, not only from the panic of the pandemic, but from the insurrectionists. This is not random rebelliousness. Democrat leaders, in conjunction with outside global elements, seem to not only allow the insurrectionists free reign as they have told their police to stand down, they also seem to condone it—even promote the violence perpetrated upon their own citizens and against law enforcement officials.
Democrat leaders in specific states started the process of disobedience when they refused to allow local policing agencies to cooperate with federal ICE investigations. This represented actions of separation from the federal laws protecting our citizens. In this stage of rebellion, Democrat mayors and governors defied federal law enforcement agencies. Is it such a mystery as to who is behind the current insurrection? In all honesty, the rebellion began the day the Democrats began to take the Donald Trump candidacy seriously. That is when the treason commenced.
What Michael Flynn is telling Americans resonates with millions of Christians across the nation. Yet, there are many Christians who wear the name of being a Christian, yet they do not demonstrate their faith, or exercise it. Flynn gave voice to what many people truly understand; yet, there are those who would prefer not to take action, to “get involved.” Nevertheless, for those Christians of faith who practice what they believe in, Flynn’s words are like a true call to spiritual battle as Providence “encourages us in this battle against the forces of evil to face our fears head-on.”
General Flynn challenged those who would prefer this would all just “go away,” or those who believe they can just pray the troubles away. Flynn stated that “We can no longer pretend that these dark forces are going to go away by mere prayer alone. Prayers matter, but action is required.” He didn’t say action is a nice idea, or recommended, he said it is “required.”
General Flynn is totally serious:
This action is needed at the local, state and federal levels. Action is also required in the economic, media, clerical and ecclesiastical realms. Decide how you can act within your abilities. Stand up and state your beliefs. Be proud of who you are and what you stand for. And face, head-on, those community ‘leaders’ who are willing to allow dark forces to go beyond peaceful protests and destroy and violate your safety and security.
But, many people feel powerless, or are paralyzed in fear. So, what are the general’s practical recommendations for action?
- Churches and houses of worship must return to normal
- Do not shirk one’s responsibilities
- “Act in a fraternal fashion. If for no other reason or with no other ability, act in a spirit of charity.”
- Do not be intimidated or fear those who cry out that we are in the minority; we are not.
Yet, there are several other actions. This is an election year, despite the rebellion being fomented by the Democrat leadership. “We the People” are in the midst of a battle—a Cosmic War of biblical proportions.
It is also advisable to take action in any of the following ways:
1) Prayer for all candidates of choice, or pray for those who are working for the campaigns (know names); offer to form a prayer group with other volunteer workers.
2) Tell the truth – share what you know about the candidates and do not allow others who spread lies, or spew false witness, to get away with it. Stand up for truth, wherever you may be, unless you cannot defend it with authority. If lacking in defense of the truth, study more, pray more. Just start over!
3) Share the truth – if confident to use the internet, use email, and other social media means to share what you know as the truth, do so! (be discerning and knowledgeable). Do not get caught in snares or lost in the weeds.
Safer places to share are email exchanges where there are people of faith who can reinforce one another. Facebook, which is unreceptive to people of faith, is not the best source to engage in social media. They shadow ban, obstruct, harass, and place people in FB jail, or suspend people’s accounts. Be ready. On the other hand, USA.Life uses Christian, conservative, and patriotic algorithms, and is much more supportive.
4) Write the truth as a commenter, blogger, contributor, or columnist. Depending on one’s capability and/or passion, one can begin writing more than a few characters or a few sentences.
5) Join with those who seek the truth – Proactively look for groups you identify with as it will provide reinforcement and camaraderie. Some groups simply share information to help members become more informed and knowledgeable about what is going on in their community, state, or in the nation. Join where there is a “fit” or where you feel welcome and a sense of common cause.
6) Join with those who seek to promote or protect a viable candidate who should be elected to office, on whatever level you may feel comfortable. Stretch yourself, and push to work for a candidate even if it may mean sacrificing valuable time or energy. In other words, volunteer for a specific campaign or “noble cause.”
7) Join with a campaign to work on a specific issue that you consider important, or start a campaign that you feel may be important to your community.
There are many other activities that are vital to this fight. However, anything to be done should be done with the right motivation.
In this light, it is important to hold onto a point Flynn made: “We are ‘one nation under God’ and it is our individual liberties that make us strong, not liberties given to our government. Our government has no liberty unless and until ‘we the people’ say so.”