Presidential debate: Who doesn’t know what they’re talking about?
By A. Dru Kristenev –October 1, 2020
The presidential debate never had the opportunity to become a debate. It was a free-for-all of misstated statistics, reiteration of debunked “quotes” and unchallenged falsehoods emanating from the democrat candidate.
Chris Wallace, who insisted on claiming the office of moderator didn’t live up to the title he kept invoking. He spent his time baiting the president with repeating incorrectly reported “news,” attempting to pin racial tensions, Marxist rioting, arson-lit fires consuming the West, and pandemic woes on President Trump’s policies.
Wallace displayed his bias by leading Joe Biden by the hand into uninterrupted diatribes accusing Trump of divisive and catastrophic policies and events that were set in motion by the Obama-Biden administration. How purposeful was Wallace’s mishandling of the debate to make it into a series of contradictions of the truth that forced the president to clear the air, only to have Mr. Moderator side with the Projectionist Biden and shutdown the president’s forced defense?
A few facts:
• Wallace allowed Biden to twist the question regarding nominating a new SCOTUS justice into healthcare, unjustifiably tagging the president’s nominee with an agenda to disallow “poor” people proper healthcare. Then Biden complained that early voters were left out of the process.
What Biden let go by his own tongue, in effect, was to support doing away with early voting. How? By griping that people who already voted didn’t have a say in choosing a new justice.
This is the point… First, early voting is contrary to constitutional election guidelines. There is a set election day which is being compromised by voting that occurs long before the prescribed date. Second, the previous election was the proper process by which the executive officer of this nation, the president, was chosen and he/she is the one given the power to nominate judges no matter how close the timing to an election. If, by Biden’s computations, early voters are deprived of input on the selection of a justice this close to the election, it’s been done by their own choice in ignoring the Constitution and casting their vote too early. They had already had the opportunity to vote in the last election and if they hadn’t done so, that was due to their own slackness (if they were eligible).
Wallace went forward by attempting to paint the president with a racist brush
• Wallace throttled back the president’s correcting Biden’s statistics regarding the losses of private health insurance and how the former vice president’s “plan” would do away with it completely. Biden denied it but the democrat platform, of which he boasted that he is the democrat party, calls for universal healthcare. The moderator interrupted in favor of the democrat candidate, again.
• Trump challenged Biden’s denial of his support for the Green New Deal, (GND), after which Biden stated how he would block all coal and oil-fired power plants in favor of “renewable” energy that is proven to be wholly inefficient and outrageously expensive. That is the GND. Yet Wallace allowed Biden’s prattling.
• In bringing up the race issue, Wallace started off with a virtual accusation that the president condoned violence that occurred in Charlottesville, VA, opening the door for Biden to replay debunked out-of-context comments. Further, Wallace falsely connected the months of rioting on right-wing organizations like Proud Boys when he was fully aware that the Marxist BLM and Antifa are the instigators of the arson, looting and brutal attacks in the streets of major U.S. cities.
That’s not moderating, that’s setting the stage. Wallace went forward by attempting to paint the president with a racist brush for Trump’s correctly discontinuing the government’s “Critical Race Theory” training sessions because the principle is inherently racist.
• This allegation was no more accidental than Wallace going along with the leftist fairy tale that the fires blasting the West are caused by climate change. The “moderator” knew full well that arsonists connected to BLM and Antifa have been arrested from Washington to California for setting many of the wildfires that have resulted in deaths, and devastated thousands of forested acres, hundreds of homes and billions in private property. He’s also well aware of the derelict fire prevention policies that have left overgrown forests ripe for conflagration.
Biden’s continual interruption of the president’s time to speak
Countering each instance where Wallace allowed Biden to chatter on without a challenge, he didn’t make a real effort to stop Biden’s continual interruption of the president’s time to speak. When Biden wasn’t horning in on the president’s segment, Mr. Moderator, himself, managed to cut-off the president mid-remark. If the president were to get a word in edgewise, he was forced into a situation where he had no choice but to attempt to correct the facts outside the “rules.” The result was the moderator debasing the process into a contradiction match, giving precedence to a man disrespectful of the debate stage by referring to the president as a “liar” and a “clown” without any rebuke.
Finally, when Biden superciliously stated that the president didn’t know what he was talking about, what should have crossed the mind of every viewer is this…
How is it that a man who admits he is no longer in public service, and thus outside the loop of classified daily briefings of the caliber that the president receives, has the chutzpah to imply that he has obtained better information about national security, Covid 19, the economy, wildfires and riots from the safety of his snug, isolated basement?
If anyone “doesn’t know what he’s talking about” it is obviously Joe Biden.